With the vast majority of people now working from home, Microsoft recently reported that their daily usage had increased to a staggering 75 million users.
One of the features that make Teams stand out from other video conferencing solutions is its ability to incorporate voice calling enabling users to make calls directly from Teams.
To enable calling there are two options available to companies. One is to add Microsoft Business Voice to your existing Microsoft 365 subscription. The other is to add calling via a third party application. We'll take a look at both options to see what they both entail.
Microsoft 365 Business Voice
Microsoft 365 Business Voice is the add-on that will enable you to call via Microsoft Teams. Costing £12 per user per month, this can be added to your existing Microsoft 365 subscription. With Microsoft Business Voice it gives you the below:
- Cloud-based phone system with advanced features including call transfer, multi-level auto attendants, and call queues.
- Domestic calling plan including 1,200 minutes per user
- Dial-in audio conferencing for up to 250 people per meeting.
- Call from anywhere, on any device through the Microsoft Teams app on desktop, mobile, web, and desk phones.
At just £12 a month it remains a cost-effective solution. Alongside Microsoft enabling Office E1 a 6-month trial, it allows companies to have a cost-effective telephony solution that fully supports home working.
Adding calling to Microsoft Teams via Symitry Hosted VOIP.
You can also add calls to Microsoft Teams with Symitry Hosted VOIP or your existing telephony solution should they allow it.
As well as the features of Microsoft Teams, you also get
- 4000 minutes per user per month to domestic and UK mobile numbers.
- Additional call recording that is PCI compliant.
- Integrate with a number of CRM solutions
If your're looking at increased functionality this may be a more appropriate solution. In addition, Symitry are offering itsHosted VOIP platform on a 3 month trial basis.
With either option, what is clear is that remote working is not going away any time soon. Microsoft Teams enables companies to ensure that their staff stay connected to each other. If you'd like to find out more information click on the link below.